To order, please contact us.
Call: 1 866 269-8009
Hours of operation
Monday to Friday8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Statutory holidays9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
To upgrade or make changes to your current service, log in to MyBell.
Move your TV wherever you want – no holes, no cables, all you need is a power outlet.
|Get a complete and customized installation:|
|Installation fee: main receiver||$199.95||$49.95||$199.95||$49.95|
|Installation fee: additional first receiver||Included||Included||Included||Included|
|Installation fee: additional second receiver||Included||Included||Included||Included|
|Installation fee: additional third receiver||$50.00||$50.00||$50.00||$50.00|
Available to new Bell FibeTV residential customers in Ontario. Subject to change without notice; not combinable with other offers. Taxes extra. Other conditions apply.
$49.95 one-time installation charge with a 2-year contract.3
Do you need help with your purchase?
1 888 759-3474
Visit a Bell store or retailer
Your Bell TV solution
Factors to consider before installation:
- Move any large furniture that might be in the way.
- If you live in a rental property or condo, it's your responsibility to get permission to install Bell Fibe TV. You'll be required to sign the work order, confirming that you have secured the required permissions.
- The account holder should be on-site for the duration of the installation. If you can't be home at that time, please ensure that someone 18 years of age or older, will be on-site to authorize the installation and sign the agreement on your behalf.
- Technicians are not authorized or equipped to enter a customer's attic for cable routing.
- A basic installation will take 4 to 6 hours to complete. It does not include fishing wires through walls.
Note: Your installation may start at any time during the scheduled appointment window. The technician will then need 4 to 6 hours from that point. In more complicated installations, the technician may need more time.
Preparing for your installation
- Make sure that your TV(s) and computer(s) are functional and that the connections to both devices are accessible.
- 1 TV should be located close to a coaxial cable outlet where the cable comes out of the wall, or located close to where your modem will be. Your computers should be near power outlets.
- Have two power bars available to facilitate all powered connections required.
- If you already have Bell Internet, please have the WEP or WPA key for your wireless home network available, so the technician can configure your new system with your existing wireless settings.
Sit back while your Bell technician:
- Hooks up your Bell Fibe TV service to your TV, home theatre system, and the Internet.
- Installs your Bell Fibe TV receivers in their requested locations.
- Installs the Internet gateway and configures it for Fibe TV.
- Connects one PC and two laptops to the Internet gateway.
- Activates all the receivers you’ve ordered.
- Optimizes your receiver settings for a sharper picture quality.
- Adjusts the receiver settings for optimal TV format and input.
- Programs the remote so that you'll only ever need one.
- Provides you with a full tutorial on how to use your Bell Fibe TV, remote, and receiver.
- The technician will connect the receiver to your home theatre system but is not responsible for its configuration and set- up.
- All wireless installations come with a free wireless transmitter to connect all the wireless receivers in your home.