The Anti-SPAM service from Bell protects you from text messages you don't want, and gives you more control over the messages you send and receive.
Bell is the first Canadian carrier to support the GSMA’s global Mobile Spam Code of Practice and the first Canadian carrier to work with GSMA on initiatives to fight text messaging spam everywhere. The GSMA is a global association that promotes innovative mobile solutions.With Anti-SPAM, you get:
- Spam scanning - Blocks spam from entering your text messaging inbox. Messages that may have come from a questionable source are placed in a spam folder for review.
- Number block - Blocks specific numbers and short codes though a personalized block list.
- Filters - Filters the messages you send and receive by using the following filters:
- Premium messages
- Email and Internet
- North American destinations
- International destinations
In the unlikely event that a spam message gets through, simply forward the message to short code SPAM (7726) and Bell will credit your account based on your rate plan.
Note: If you've subscribed to premium text alerts through a short code, you can stop the service at any time by replying STOP to any of the text alerts.