What is a mobile payment?
A mobile payment is like turning your smartphone into your wallet. The new service gives you the ability to make debit* and credit card payments using select Bell smartphones. Pay for your morning coffee, buy movie tickets or make other purchases-quickly, easily and securely.
How will it work?
You can make quick and easy payments just by holding your near field communication (NFC)-capable Bell smartphone over a contactless payment terminal.
Am I protected?
Yes, leading-edge technology will be used to help ensure the security and protection of your account and payment information.
- The Bell NFC SIM card has an encrypted storage container that securely holds your banking credentials, accessible only by you and your bank.
- Bell’s NFC SIM cards comply with global security standards and have been certified by both VisaTM and MasterCardTM
- Transactions receive the same level of protection as transactions made with a plastic card
- For an extra layer of security, protect your payment information with either your device passcode, your mobile payments passcode or in some cases, both.
How can I be ready to make mobile payments?
To make mobile payments with Bell, you will need:
- A Bell NFC SIM card:
A Bell NFC SIM card is what ensures your banking credentials are secured and protected, and is required to make mobile payments. If you do not already have an NFC SIM card, you can purchase one in-store or online. Once you receive your new NFC SIM card, visit bell.ca/changesim to transfer your existing service.
- A mobile payments app:
Bell offers access to mobile payments services with the following financial institutions:
- An NFC-capable device with NFC turned on:
Bell provides a wide selection of mobile devices that have the NFC technology built-in, allowing you to make mobile payments with your smartphone. Find out which devices are NFC-capable.
*Available with RBC only.
**Available with RBC and CIBC only
TM1 Visa Int
®/TM MasterCard is a registered trademark and World MasterCard is a trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated.