Ensure pandemic preparedness
Managing and supporting pandemic response
Pandemic preparedness services from Bell
Worried about weathering a pandemic?
The H1N1 virus is a threat that will impact individuals, businesses and governments on a global scale. For organizations, the impact could be significant, as the World Health Organization estimates that a flu pandemic could raise workplace absenteeism by up to 40%.
But proper planning and infrastructure can ensure that business continues uninterrupted even under difficult circumstances.
What kind of punch does a pandemic pack?
As witnessed with SARS and again with the H1N1 virus, diseases can spread around the globe in a matter of hours, impacting businesses virtually overnight.
There are known outcomes:
- Rapid erosion of the workforce
- Compromised supply chain
- Reduced demand for products and services
And the unknown:
- How temporarily losing a big part of the workforce will impact communications, operations and business as a whole
Build in resilience
To effectively manage the risks of a pandemic, your organization needs to build in agility and resiliency. Technology can play a major role in both with remote networking, Web-enabled hosted applications, greater system redundancy and more.
You can ensure business continuity by:
- Developing teleworking policies and procedures, and provisioning tools to enable remote working capabilities
- Developing multi-channel service approaches to meet customer demands and reduce calls to you contact centre
- Increasing call rerouting capabilities
- Enabling employee collaboration through audio conferencing, video conferencing and Web conferencing
Sound daunting? It doesn't have to be. It's just a matter of assessment, planning and action. You'll need to:
- Create a business continuity plan that takes customer service, operations and supply chain into account
- Assess network capacity and plan remediation of shortcomings
- Educate and inform staff on the plan of action and keep them up to date
- Provision services based on business priorities
Bell can help with all these stages of assessment, planning and action. Our pandemic preparedness solutions draw upon expertise in many areas in order to help with all aspects of preparedness.
Contact us today to see how you can ensure pandemic preparedness for your organization.
You may also want to...
- Control levels of access to corporate information
- Develop a comprehensive security strategy
- Ensure business continuity in the event of a security breach or disaster
- Implement effective security safeguards
- Ensure business compliance
- Ensure PCI DSS compliance with help from certified experts
- Reduce risk, increase compliance and protect my business
- Optimize infrastructure and control cost
What to look for in a managed infrastructure service
Download our buyer's guide now
What you need to know about the cloud
Download our buyers' guide now