White paper – Evolving voice services to enable Unified Communications: How to put the right pieces in place
As many organizations grapple with how they will develop an effective strategy for implementing UC, a key question that they all face is how to evolve their current voice services model.
Only in rare situations is making the transition to IP Telephony a matter of "rip and replace". An enterprise typically has extensive investments in voice communication infrastructure that continues to deliver value, and it needs to carefully plan the implementation and timing of UC solutions.
Voice communication remains integral to how organizations function, but it has to evolve to meet changing users' changing expectations of how it is integrated with other technologies.
This white paper, Evolving voice services to enable Unified Communications: How to put the right pieces in place, examines several models of integrating IP Telephony as part of a broader UC strategy. It details best practices for building a business case, and you'll also get a roadmap for selecting and implementing an IP Telephony solution that will prepare your network for today and the future.
You will learn:
- Short-term models the combine TDM-based PBX functionality with IP
- When on-premise deployment of IP infrastructure makes sense
- How to derive further benefits through SIP Trunking
- Techniques to evaluate managed and hosted voice services
- Hybrid models that integrate hosted services with on-premise deployments
Download this valuable resource today.