Managing mobile devices in the workplace – A practical guide to staying secure
More than 50% of employees currently use their own mobile devices at work. While this may be great for productivity, it also puts corporate networks at risk.
Most smart phones are built for the consumer market and lack business-grade security controls. But with the increased speed of carrier networks, organizations are granting mobile access to a growing variety of enterprise applications.
With increasing amounts of sensitive data being transmitted over-the-air interface and sitting on mobile device hard drives, organizations of all kinds are searching for a way to increase data security.
Download this practical guide to get important insights from two experts at Bell:
- David Broad, responsible for internal wireless network security at Bell
- Ian Wineberg, a Bell wireless solutions specialist
You will find out:
- What specific threats you face
- The security deficiencies of common over-the-air wireless protocols such as GSM
- Real-world, step-by-step strategies for increasing mobile security in your network
- How to choose between supporting all devices and banning certain devices
- How to achieve success by blending policy, training, awareness and enforcement
This guide will help you secure your organization from the new risks posed by mobile devices.