Bring your own phone to Bell
Your phone. Our plan. Canada’s best network.1
When you bring your own phone, you can:
How to get started
1. Pick a plan that suits your needs
2. Order a SIM card or activate an eSIM
A SIM card is a physical card that inserts into your mobile device, while an eSIM is a digital SIM that’s built into certain devices.
Both allow you to access Bell’s mobile network with the rate plan of your choice. See the list of eSIM-compatible devices.
- Affordable plans for all your mobile needs
- Combine and share data across all of the devices in your family – without overage fees
- All plans include unlimited talk and text
Get a SIM card for your phone
An activated SIM card will arrive at your door. Simply insert and go.
Activate an eSIM embedded on your phone
- Ideal for light or infrequent use
- Rate plans start at just $15/mo.
- Pick the voice and data options that suit your needs and budget
Get a SIM card on a prepaid plan
Your SIM card will arrive at your door with information on how to activate it.
Activate an eSIM built into your phone.
FREE SHIPPING Please allow 3 to 5 business days.
Have a Dual SIM phone?
Some phones, like the iPhone and Google Pixel, have Dual SIM capabilities. Dual SIM provides the convenience of having two phone numbers on a single smartphone. For example, you can have separate personal and business numbers by adding a second line. Dual SIM service is offered through a combination of a physical SIM and an eSIM. An eSIM (short for embedded SIM) is a digital SIM that lets you activate a cellular service, and an associated phone number and plan, without having to use a physical SIM card.
To activate a second line on your Dual SIM phone, simply call us at 1 888 466-2453, use our live chat, or visit us in store.
(1) Based on a third party score (Global Wireless Solutions OneScore™) calculated using wireless network testing in Canada against other wireless networks of combined data, voice, reliability and network coverage.