Step 1 of 3 Find out how much your device is worth
This is a preliminary estimate for your device. To determine the final trade-in value, visit a Bell store or submit an online trade-in request.
Select the model
The value displayed does not reflect special offers shown above. The trade-in amount will depend on the condition of your device, including whether:
- the device powers on
- the keypad and/or touchscreen are functional
- the screen and/or body are cracked
- there are signs of liquid damage
- the battery and battery cover are included
Step 2 of 3 Prepare your phone for trade‑in
What is the Bell Trade-in program?
The Bell Trade-in program allows you to trade in your old phone, tablet or smartwatch.* You will receive a trade-in certificate for an amount equal to the verified value of your device, based on its make, model and condition.
In store: the trade-in certificate must be redeemed at participating Bell stores on the date of the trade-in transaction.
Online: a payment (in the form of a bill credit) will be applied to your Bell Mobility account within 2–3 billing cycles.
How do I trade in my device?
You have the option to trade in your device in store or online:
In store: you may trade in your phone, tablet or watch at participating Bell stores.
Online: if you have completed a new online activation or upgrade within the last 30 days, you can access our online trade-in portal.
- New activation: once you have received your order confirmation email, you can start your online trade-in.
- Device upgrade: click on the link to the online portal located in your upgrade confirmation email.
When I trade in my old phone, do I need to include the phone charger or accessories?
In store and online: no. Only the phone, battery and battery cover are required.
Can I trade in more than one device at a time?
We can only accept one device/phone per trade-in.
When can I trade in my device?
In store: you can trade in your old device once you have completed a new activation or upgrade.
Online: submit your trade-in request within 30 days of your online activation or upgrade.
How long does the trade-in estimate last?
In store: the trade-in estimate is valid until the end of the business day of when it was issued.
Online: the trade-in estimate is subject to the final phone evaluation and is valid for 45 days from the date you accept the estimate.
What devices are accepted for trade-in?
At this time, you can only trade in smartphones online. To trade in tablets and smartwatches, please visit a participating Bell store.
Do I need to do anything before sending my phone to you?
Online: yes. Before mailing us your old phone, please disable all security features, PINs, swipe and security codes; back up your personal information; remove memory cards; deactivate accounts (i.e. Find My iPhone, Google Activation Lock, Samsung Find My Mobile, Mobile Device Management, etc.); reset your phone; and fully charge the battery.
Please ensure that you have completed an online trade-in request before shipping your phone to Bell for the final evaluation, using the prepaid shipping label provided. A copy of the shipping label will also be emailed to you once the online request is submitted.
Once I have traded in my device, is it possible to get it back?
All trade-ins are final. Once you have mailed your phone or your device is accepted by the store, it cannot be returned to you under any circumstances.
Step 3 of 3 Trade in your device in store or online
Trade in your old phone from anywhere.
- Shop for a new phone or upgrade to a new one in MyBell.
- Access our online trade-in portal† to get an estimated value for your old phone, then send us your phone. A payment (in the form of a bill credit) for the trade-in value will be applied to your Bell Mobility account.
Important note: an online trade-in order must be submitted before you ship your phone to us.
†For new activations and upgrades completed in the last 30 days.
*Bell Trade-in Certificate Program Terms
IMPORTANT: THIS TRANSACTION IS FINAL. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR TERMINATING ALL SERVICES THAT YOU SUBSCRIBE TO FOR THE DEVICE YOU SURRENDER TO BELL MOBILITY AND FOR ENSURING ALL DATA AND PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED ON THE DEVICE IS DELETED. ONCE YOU SURRENDER THE DEVICE, IT CANNOT BE RETURNED TO YOU AND ANY INFORMATION STORED ON THE DEVICE MAY BE ACCESSIBLE TO OTHERS IF THE DATA IS NOT ERASED. BELL SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LOSS OR DISCLOSURE OF ANY DATA OR PERSONAL INFORMATION REMAINING ON SURRENDERED DEVICES.
- General. Bell Mobility (“Bell”) provides an in-store service (“Trade-in Certificate Program”) for consumers to Trade-in eligible mobile phones (“Eligible Devices”) in exchange for an in-store certificate (“Certificate”) that can be immediately redeemed at participating Bell stores as payment or partial payment for hardware and accessories. By participating in the Trade-in Certificate Program and surrendering your Eligible Device, you agree to the terms contained herein (“Terms”).
- Eligibility. In order to participate in the Trade-in Certificate Program you must be eighteen (18) years of age or older and you must be the owner of the Eligible Devices that you wish to transfer to Bell through the Trade-in Certificate Program. Bell will only accept certain Eligible Devices. Eligible Devices can be identified on the Trade-in Certificate Program website located at bell.ca/tradein. Bell will not return an Eligible Device to you once you have been granted the Certificate in exchange for the transfer of ownership of the Eligible Device.
- Your Ownership of the Eligible Devices. You represent and warrant that you own all right, title and interest in any and all Eligible Devices that you transfer to Bell as part of the Trade-in Certificate Program and that the Eligible Devices are not counterfeit or stolen and are free of any liens or encumbrances (including third-party software which may not be transferred or for which royalties are due). Any Eligible Devices that are found to have been fraudulently obtained may be turned over to the appropriate law enforcement agencies without notice or compensation to you. Title to the Eligible Devices transfers to Bell once you have been granted the Certificate in exchange for the Eligible Devices.
- Product Valuation, Processing and Certificate. You can get an estimate of the value of your Eligible Device online at bell.ca/tradein. When you bring the Eligible Device into a participating Bell retail store, the estimated value of the Eligible Device will be confirmed once the condition of the Eligible Device is assessed. The estimated value and final assessed value may differ depending on the condition of the Eligible Device. Once you accept the value of the Eligible Device as determined by Bell and agree to transfer ownership of the Eligible Device to Bell in accordance with these Terms, you will be granted an in-store Trade-in Certificate in the amount of the assessed value of the Eligible Device. The Certificate is immediately redeemable by you for hardware or accessories. The Certificate must be redeemed immediately in the participating Bell store as part of the promotional transaction when you return the Eligible Device and is not redeemable for cash.
- Your Responsibilities. You are solely responsible for terminating any services that you subscribe to for each Eligible Device you transfer to Bell through the Trade-in Certificate Program. You will not receive credit for any unused services, nor will you be compensated for any charges billed to you by your service provider after your Eligible Device is transferred to Bell and you remain responsible for payment of same. You are responsible for ensuring that any and all data and personal information is deleted from your Eligible Device prior to transferring it to Bell. Bell is not responsible for the loss, safekeeping or maintenance in confidence of any data or personal information remaining on your Eligible Device once it is transferred to Bell and you understand that such information may be accessible to third-parties if it is not deleted. If you are unsure of how to clean your device of all data or personal information consult your product information manual.
- Final Transaction. You understand and agree that this transaction is final and that by participating in the Trade-in Certificate Program, ownership of your Eligible Device is transferred irrevocably to Bell. Your Eligible Device will not be returned to you and you must use/redeem the Certificate immediately in store, as part of the promotional transaction.
- Limitation of Liability. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, BELL IS NOT LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF OR PARTICIPATION IN THE TRADE-IN PROGRAM OR THE TRADE-IN PROGRAM WEBSITE bell.ca/tradein. INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, RELIANCE BY YOU ON ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM THE TRADE-IN CERTIFICATE PROGRAM WEBSITE. The foregoing limitation shall apply regardless of the cause of action, whether in contract, tort or any claim whatsoever even if Bell has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in no event shall Bell’s total liability to you for any losses, damages and causes of action exceed the actual value of the Certificate for the Eligible Device as determined by Bell at a participating retail store location.
- General. Bell is a federally regulated undertaking and as such these Terms, including all matters relating to their validity, construction, performance and enforcement, shall be governed by applicable federal laws and regulations of Canada, and only those provincial laws and regulations applicable to it in the province in which you reside at the time of entering into this Agreement. These Terms are subject to amendment, modification or termination if required by such laws or regulation. If any provision in these Terms is declared to be invalid or in conflict with any such law or regulation, that provision may be deleted or modified without affecting the validity of the other provisions. This is the entire agreement pertaining to the Trade-in Certificate Program, and in the event of any conflict or inconsistency among or between these Terms and any other documentation made available to you in connection with the Trade-in Certificate Program, these Terms shall prevail. This is not a coupon, voucher, certificate or other document redeemable for any amount of cash, and as such has no cash value. You agree that this agreement shall be written in the English language. Les parties aux présentes conviennent à ce que ce document soit rédigé dans la langue anglaise. You represent and warrant that you are of legal age to enter into an agreement of this kind. Bell carries on business at 5099 Creekbank Rd, Mississauga, ON L4W 5N2 and at 200 Boul. Bouchard, Dorval, QC H9S 5X5.
- $700 trade-in value based on trading in an iPhone 12 Pro Max 512 GB.