Talk, text and post worry-free while you travel.
Use the data from your Mobility rate plan, plus get unlimited talk and text for $13/day in the U.S. and $16/day in over 200 international destinations. You only pay for the days that you use your device while roaming.
Plus, access 5G networks with select 5G devices where coverage is available in the U.S. and in several international destinations.
You can add Roam Better through MyBell, or by texting ROAM to 8000.
Roam Better FAQs
To get Roam Better - with home data, simply text ROAM to 8000 or add Roam Better through MyBell. Once you add it, you’ll automatically enjoy affordable daily rates for each day you call, text or use data with your phone when roaming in any of the Roam Better destinations.
Roam Better - with home data is available to customers on most monthly plans. It is not available on prepaid plans, corporate accounts and plans that include roaming services.
You’ll only be charged the daily fee when you make or answer a call, send a text message, or when data is sent or received while in your Roam Better destination. The Roam Better – with home data daily fee covers each day of usage until 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET), regardless of which time zone you’re roaming in. You’ll only be charged for a maximum of 20 days per line within the same billing period, after which you can continue enjoying unlimited talk and text and continue to use the data from your account at no additional cost for the rest of the billing period. If you exceed the data included in your rate plan, you’ll be charged the rates that apply to your domestic plan/usage.
Note: the 20-day maximum Roam Better fee applies separately to the U.S. ($13 a day) and all other eligible destinations ($16 a day). For example, if you spend 20 days in the U.S. and then 10 days in Mexico within one monthly billing period, you’ll be charged 20 days for the U.S. ($260 total) and 10 days for Mexico ($160 total).
For any days that you don’t use voice, text or data in a Roam Better destination, you won’t be charged the Roam Better - with home data daily fee. If you’ve added Roam Better but don’t want to be charged when arriving at your Roam Better destination, make sure data roaming is turned off on your device, don't make or answer any calls, and don't send any text messages.
The daily fee applies separately to each line using Roam Better – with home data.
With Roam Better – with home data, your first 5 GB of data usage per day will be at maximum speeds. If you use up your daily 5 GB of data at maximum speeds, you can continue to use data at reduced speeds of up to 512 Kbps† (suitable for accessing email, light web browsing and messaging) for the remainder of the day as long as you haven’t exceeded the data included in your rate plan. Applications that require higher data speeds (such as video streaming) may be affected by the data speed reduction.
Your allowance begins upon your first data use in your Roam Better destination and expires at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on that same day, regardless of the time zone where you are roaming. Once you use up your daily 5 GB of data at maximum download speeds, you’ll automatically receive a notification that includes the option to purchase an additional 1 GB of maximum-speed data for $6 in the U.S. (including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) or for $8 in international Roam Better destinations. All additional maximum-speed data expires at 11:59 p.m. (ET) on the day the data was purchased.
Data speeds reset at 12:00 a.m. (ET) daily with a new allotment of 5 GB of data at maximum download speeds.
Refer to the following table for additional charges for outgoing calls and text messages to destinations outside of your roaming destination and Canada.
|Roam Better destinations||Calls to destinations outside of roaming destination (other than Canada)||Calls within roaming destination and back to Canada||Text messages to destinations outside of roaming destination (other than Canada)|
|U.S., Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands||
The regular domestic data overage charges of your plan will apply (does not apply if you have an Unlimited Data plan).
No. Roam Better is for when you’re roaming in a Roam Better destination. Once you’re back in Canada, you’ll automatically revert to your rate plan. Once you've added Roam Better - with home data to your account, you’ll be covered for all future trips and will only be charged on days when you use your phone in a Roam Better destination. You won’t be charged when you’re not roaming. If you'd like to remove Roam Better, please contact us.
No. Each member of your Share group needs to add it separately. You can add Roam Better through MyBell or by texting ROAM to 8000.
Have more questions? Check out the full Roam Better and travel FAQs.
Travelling within Canada?
Check the coverage at your destination before leaving.
Internet traffic management practices (ITMP) for Bell Mobility. Speed and signal strength may vary due to traffic, topography, environmental conditions and other factors, like Bell’s management of network resources, using methods which include Internet traffic management practices. See bell.ca/ITMP.
- * The Roam Better - with home data feature includes maximum download speeds for up to 5 GB of data usage per day. Beyond 5 GB, speeds are up to 512 Kbps for the rest of the day, suitable for light web browsing, email and messaging.† Data speeds reset at 12:00 a.m. (ET) daily.
- Taxes extra.
- Roam Better is available to customers on most monthly plans, within the coverage areas of certain Bell roaming partners in the U.S. and international destinations.
- Roam Better is not available on prepaid plans, corporate accounts and plans that include roaming services.
- Roam Better may be incompatible with other roaming features on your line that require removal before you can add Roam Better.
- Roam Better is a pay-per-use feature subject to change without notice, including coverage, rates and usage allowances.
- You will only be charged for a maximum of 20 days per line in the U.S. (including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) and a maximum of 20 days per line in other international destinations within the same billing period. Additional charges for data top-ups still apply.
- Premium texts and Text to Landline messages are not included and are subject to additional charges.
- Roam Better is not to be used for roaming permanently or semi-permanently within any Roam Better destination(s).
- Certain types of usage will not result in the daily charge, including: making a call to Bell customer service, receiving texts, or using non-chargeable data.
(†)Speed and signal strength may vary due to roaming partner’s network technology, traffic, topography, environmental conditions and other factors.