Canada’s fastest 5G network2 is taking mobile speeds to new heights with Bell 5G+.
Bell is proud to offer 5G+ in Toronto, Mississauga, Barrie, Ottawa, Guelph and more. Bell 5G+ offers the latest in network technology, so you can expect more immersive video, gaming experiences and more of what you do online to be faster and more responsive with this next phase of 5G advancement.
The Bell 5G+ network is Canada’s most advanced/awarded network. And now, we’re making it even better with 5G+ coverage, which is available to over 40% of the Canadian population today3 and will continue to expand over time.Learn more about the benefits of 5G and 5G+
PCMag names Bell as Canada’s fastest 5G network.2
On September 20, 2022, PCMag announced the results of its annual wireless network speed testing, awarding Bell with the fastest network for the third consecutive year.
GWS ranks Bell the best 5G network in Canada.
Global Wireless Solutions (GWS) conducts the most comprehensive drive test of wireless networks in Canada and reconfirmed that Bell’s network outperforms all other national wireless networks for the second year in a row.4
Canada’s best network – enjoy Gigabit-Class LTE speeds.5
We’ve been enhancing our network technology to Gigabit-Class LTE speeds. This means that our network is designed to offer theoretical download speeds that exceed 1 Gbps (expect average speeds of 25–220 Mbps) with certain devices. We currently offer these speeds in cities like Kingston and Toronto (with more coming soon). Enjoy high-definition video streaming, virtual reality and downloading large files – all on the go on one of the fastest networks.
Next-generation LTE Advanced network
On the Bell network, you’ll get faster access to data, download large files faster, watch movies and enjoy next-gen VR with less buffering, and more.Check out our LTE Advanced coverage
With Bell, you’ll get 5G coverage across Canada. Although the 5G network will take some time to roll out fully, it will begin with greater speeds in select cities, with more coming soon.
Introducing Voice and Video over LTE.
Voice and Video over LTE is the next generation of voice and video calling. Now, with Voice and Video over LTE technology, you can make and receive voice and video calls with improved voice quality, and you can switch between voice and video during calls.
Voice and Video over LTE is available in select areas of Ontario, Québec, Atlantic Canada, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon. It will expand to other regions in the near future.Learn more
A reliable connection
Bell connects the vast majority of cell towers with fibre, the best network technology, to give customers a reliable connection. In addition, our in-building coverage improvements deliver a strong LTE signal. Backed by the latest network infrastructure technology, Bell also gives you access to a network offering the most cell towers connected by fibre.
Bell’s dedicated team of 7,600 network employees are continuously working to optimize our network, all with the shared goal of providing Canadians with the absolute best, most advanced mobile experience.
Traveling outside of Canada?
Bell is the first Canadian carrier to offer 5G roaming across the U.S. on select 5G devices. 5G roaming is now available in several international destinations, with more to come.See available coverage
Internet traffic management practices (ITMP) for Bell Mobility. Speed and signal strength may vary due to traffic, topography, environmental conditions and other factors, like Bell’s management of network resources, using methods which include Internet traffic management practices. See bell.ca/ITMP.
*5G available in select major areas of Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, the Greater Toronto Area, Montreal and more. See bell.ca/5G.
- Based on a third party score (Global Wireless Solutions OneScore™) calculated using wireless network testing in Canada against other national wireless networks of combined data, voice, reliability and network coverage. ↩
- As ranked by PCMag. Reprinted with permission. © 2022 Ziff Davis, LLC. All Rights Reserved. ↩
- 5G/5G+ access requires a compatible device and a compatible rate plan (even if a 5G/5G+ symbol appears on your device). Coverage is approximate, may vary and may not include indoor coverage; see bell.ca/5G. Speed, performance and whether a 5G/5G+ device uses the available 5G/5G+ network depend on various factors including: your rate plan, topography, environmental conditions, the current serving radio conditions at your location and whether the device is actively downloading or uploading data. Access is subject to Bell’s management of network resources, using methods which include Internet traffic management practices. See bell.ca/ITMP. ↩
- Based on a third party score (Global Wireless Solutions OneScore™) calculated using wireless network testing in Canada against other wireless networks of combined data, voice, reliability and network coverage. See bell.ca/LTE for details. ↩
- Speed and signal strength may vary due to traffic, topography, environmental conditions and other factors, including Bell’s Internet traffic management practices (e.g., priority access to emergency personnel and critical infrastructure personnel). See bell.ca/ITMP ↩
- Based on total square km of coverage on the shared LTE network available from Bell vs. Rogers’ LTE network. See bell.ca/LTE for details. ↩