Bring your number over to Bell in 3 easy steps.
1. Check to see if your number is eligible for transfer.
Most active numbers in urban and surrounding areas are transferable except the following:
- Pager numbers,
- toll-free numbers,
- special * or # numbers
To check to see if your number is transferable:
- Ask a sales representative at any Bell store
- Call us at 1 800 667-0123
- Enter the number you wish to transfer
Remember: Only active numbers can be transferred, so don't cancel your current service. We will take care of cancelling your service with your old service provider when the transfer is complete.
2. Select your new Bell mobile phone or smartphone, price plan and features.
Phones, smartphones, price plans and features are not transferable. When you choose to transfer your number to Bell, you also get to choose one of our leading-edge phones with cool features like mobile TV, music, text messaging, email and more. You will also select a new plan along with useful add-on features that let you make the most of your new phone.
3. To bring your wireless number to Bell, here's what you'll need to have on hand
- Your current phone and/or most recent monthly bill from your current service provider.
- We will also need at least one of the following pieces of information about your current account:
- Account number
- Phone ESN (Electronic Serial Number) or MEID (Mobile Equipment Identifier)
- Account password or PIN
While your number is being transferred, your previous service will continue to work, although there may be a short period of downtime while the actual transfer is taking place. We will contact you if there are any problems with your number transfer.
- Check your voicemail and other services one last time before the number transfer as you will no longer have access to these services from your previous plan.
- You are responsible for any fees or charges that apply once your service is cancelled with your current provider. These may include contractual obligations, outstanding balances, etc.
- If any other services are connected to your phone number, such as the Internet and alarm systems, they may be impacted by transferring your number. Be sure to contact the company providing these services to ensure that there is no disruption in service as a result of the transfer.