Bell Trade-in program
The Bell Trade-in program provides you with a certificate equivalent to your phone’s value, for use in store towards the purchase of a new phone or accessories.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- You must be the legal owner of the phone that you wish to trade in.
What will you look at to determine the value/condition of my phone?
We will check whether:
- the phone powers on
- the keypad and/or touchscreen are functional
- the screen and/or body are cracked
- there are signs of liquid damage
- the battery and battery cover are included
Can I transfer my trade-in certificate to someone else?
The trade-in certificate you receive is non-transferable and has zero cash value.
Can I use my trade-in certificate at any time?
The trade-in certificate must be redeemed in-store at the time of trade in. Unused values are relinquished once you leave the store.
Once I have traded in my old phone, is it possible to get it back?
All trades are final. The phone cannot be returned to you at any time after it has been traded in.
What if my phone is valued at $0?
Some phones will be deemed as having no value given that they are old and/or they are in bad condition. If your phone has no value, you can choose to recycle it through the Bell Blue Box program.
Can I trade in more than one phone at a time?
We can only accept one phone per trade-in.
Can I trade in my phone at any time?
Whether you’re an existing client or new to Bell Mobility, you can trade in a phone at any time.
Do I have to sign up for a new contract when I trade in my old phone?
A new contract term is not required.
How long does the estimate last?
The value of a phone diminishes over time, so estimates change frequently. To get the most value out of your phone, visit a participating Bell store today.
Do I need to include the phone charger or accessories?
No. Only the phone, battery and battery cover are required.
Preparing your phone for trade in
To ensure your personal data is protected, please complete the following steps in order before trading in your phone:
- Back up: Back up any personal data that you want to keep, such as contacts, emails, documents, pictures, videos and music. The phone cannot be returned to you after trade in.
- Deactivate account: If applicable, remove the SIM card. If the phone doesn’t have a SIM card, make sure its mobile service is deactivated by contacting the service provider.
- Remove memory cards: If applicable, remove any memory cards.
- Reset phone: Delete all personal data by resetting the phone to the factory default settings.
- Charge battery: Ensure the battery is charged so that we can evaluate the phone.
(1) Offer ends February 28, 2013. With new activation on a 3-yr term. Credit applies at the time of purchase on the price of the device or accessories in-store after taxes. Ask us for details. At participating locations. Must be 18 yrs+ and legal owner. Max. 1 phone per trade-in. Rebate applies at the time of purchase on the price of the device and/or accessories in-store after taxes. Amount of rebate depends on the value of the phone; not all phones will get a rebate. See bell.ca/tradein for details.