Terms of Service are the legal rules and regulations that form the agreement governing your relationship with Bell Mobility. The Agreement is binding on you and us for each device that you use on our network and for any service we provide for you for your device.
Bell Connected Car Plug-in Terms of Service (PDF - 190KB)
Bell Internet and Value-Added Services
Bell Terms of Service
Bell Terms of Service.pdf (PDF - 360KB)
Bell Tech Expert
Bell Tech Expert Service Agreement for customers who subscribed after May 24, 2016. (PDF- 107 KB)
Bell Tech Expert Service Agreement for customers who subscribed before March 31, 2013 (inclusive). (PDF - 105 KB)
Bell Tech Expert Service Agreement for customers who subscribed after March 31, 2013. (PDF – 84 KB)
Bell Home phone
Bell Terms of Service
Bell Terms of Service.pdf (PDF - 360KB)
The Bell Terms of Service for residential services provided by Bell on a unregulated basis (i.e. services that are not regulated by the CRTC) set down the rights, obligations and limitations applicable respectively to Bell and its non-business customers for the delivery and purchase of residential services.
Regulated Terms of Service (PDF - 37 KB)
The Terms of Service for telecommunications services regulated by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) (Item 10 of the General Tariff) set down the basic rights and obligations of both Bell and its customers. They were approved by the CRTC, effective September 25, 1986.
Statement of consumer rights (PDF - 53 KB)
The statement of consumer rights sets out your phone rights in plain language.
The Bell Tariffs
The Bell general tariffs, contain the most recent rates, charges, terms and conditions applicable to the various services, offered by the Company. These services are regulated and approved by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC).
The Bell Local Unregulated Consumer Services
- Unregulated Bell Local Exchanges in Ontario and Quebec (PDF - 3 MB)
- List of Unregulated Local services (PDF - 8 KB)
Bell IP Relay Service Limitations (PDF - 52 KB)
Customers who signed up prior to November 17, 2013 may be subject to different terms. The Bell Terms of Service will begin applying to all Bell residential customers over the next few months, at which time existing customers will be notified accordingly.
Bell Terms of Service
Bell Terms of Service.pdf (PDF - 360KB)
- you must continually subscribe to at least any two (2) of the following Bell service categories: Home phone, Internet, TV and Mobility (each an "Eligible Service");
- your Mobility service must be a postpaid consumer Bell Mobility rate plan, not a prepaid or business plan;
- at least one of your Eligible Services must be a Discountable Service;
- the accounts for your Discountable Services must be consolidated under the same billing name and address under Bell's consolidated invoice ("One Bill");
- you must comply with the terms and conditions applicable to your Bell services; and
- all accounts for your Bell services must remain in good standing.
If your service is still regulated by the CRTC, you are not required to subscribe to Bell's local home phone service or any other regulated service provided by Bell to receive the Bundle Discount unless the CRTC has allowed Bell to make such an offer.
Are there any limitations on Bundle Discounts?
Except as otherwise stated in a specific offer, the Bundle Discount will not be applied during any promotions or combined with other offers for a Discountable Service. If your service is still regulated by the CRTC, the Bundle Discount will only be applied in accordance with Bell's applicable tariffs.
Can Bell change the Bundle Discount?
The Program, or any portion of it, including the Bundle Discount may be modified, discontinued or terminated at any time. We will notify you thirty (30) days in advance of any change that affects you. We may notify you of any such change with a SIM message on your One Bill or by any other method which is likely to come to your attention. You agree that Bell is not obligated to provide the Bundle Discount for the duration of any term contract for Eligible Services, including the Discountable Services.
As of October 5, 2014, Bell Internet is no longer eligible for Bundle discounts as a Discountable Service. This change will not impact customers who enrolled in the Program involving Bell Internet prior to October 5, 2014, unless they change their Bell Internet plan.
As of February 28, 2016, Bell TV is no longer eligible for Bundle discounts as a Discountable Service outside of Québec and Ontario. This change will not impact customers who enrolled prior to February 28, 2016 unless they change their Bell TV programming.
As of August 1, 2016, Bell Home phone is no longer eligible for Bundle discounts as a Discountable Service.
Updated August 1, 2016
Bell has long been committed to maintaining the accuracy, confidentiality, security and privacy of your personal information. We consider your personal information to be information about you as an identifiable individual that is protected by law.
We’d like you to better understand how your personal information is collected, used and disclosed when you access and use our Site:
- Transactions and inquiries: You may be asked for personal information, such as your name, address or e-mail address, current phone number, payment information and permission to conduct a credit inquiry when you order a product or service online.
- Quality assurance: Bell may capture, replay and analyze details of your Site visits to find site errors or issues and understand the impact that transaction failures have on business processes and to improve the operation of the Site.
- Contests and promotions: You may choose to participate in the contests or promotions offered by Bell intended to increase awareness of our products and services. When entering into certain contests or promotions, Bell may request your permission use your personal information to contact you about products or services you may find of interest.
REGISTRATION, ACCOUNTS AND PASSWORDS
If you access Bell TV Online through your Bell account on the Site, your use of such service is subject to Bell’s Terms of Service.
RESTRICTIONS ON USE OF MATERIALS
All Content accessible through this Site is protected by copyright. The Content is: Copyright © Bell Canada its affiliates and/or licensors. All rights reserved. Such Content is protected by Canadian and worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions. Bell grants you a limited non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use and display on your computer or other electronic access device, the Content for your own personal and non-commercial use only, provided that you do not modify the Content and that you maintain all copyright and other proprietary notices. Except as provided herein, you agree not to reproduce, make derivative works of, retransmit, distribute, sell, publish, communicate, broadcast or otherwise make available any of the Content obtained through the Site, including without limitation, by caching, framing or similar means, without the prior written consent of the respective copyright owner of such Content.
Bell and the Bell logo are registered trademarks of Bell. Other Bell product or service names or logos referenced in the Site are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bell or its affiliated companies and entities. All other products, services and company names mentioned in the Site may be trademarks of their respective owners.For a current list of the trademarks and trade names of Bell and its affiliated companies and entities used on the Site, as well as trademarks and trade names licensed to Bell or its affiliated companies and entities by third parties, refer to the Trademark List. The absence of a product or service name or logo from this list does not constitute a waiver of the trademark or other intellectual property rights of Bell or its affiliated companies and entities concerning that name or logo. You may not use any trademark displayed on the Site without the written permission of Bell or the relevant owner of the trademark.
USE OF THE SITE
You are prohibited from:
- using, enabling, facilitating, or permitting the use of the Site for an illegal purpose, criminal or civil offence, intellectual property infringement, harassment (including disruptive, intimidating, annoying or offensive calls/transmissions), or in a manner that would breach any law, regulation or the policies of any Internet host, or cause interference with Bell’s network operations (including preventing a fair and proportionate use by others);
- enabling, facilitating or permitting the transmission of unsolicited messages such as spamming or phishing;
- uploading or downloading, making available, transmitting, posting, publishing, disseminating, receiving, retrieving, storing, linking to or otherwise reproducing, offering, distributing, enabling or providing access to information, software, content, files or other material which: (i) is confidential or protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights without prior authorization of the rights holder(s); (ii) is defamatory, discriminatory, violent, obscene, child pornography or hate propaganda; (iii) constitutes invasion of privacy, impersonation, forging, appropriation of identity or unauthorized linking or framing; or (iv) is designed to assist users in defeating technological protection measures (like geoblocks, registration and any other anti-theft mechanisms) or in the fraudulent use of telecommunications or broadcasting services;
- using the Site for anything other than private, personal, family or household use (such as reselling, remarketing, transferring, sharing or receiving any charge or other benefit for the use of any Bell product or service);
- adapting, reproducing, translating, modifying, decompiling, disassembling, reverse engineering or otherwise interfering with any software, applications or programs used in connection with the Site (whether owned by or used under licence to Bell) for any purpose including “testing” or research purposes; or modifying, altering, or defacing any of the trade-marks, or other intellectual property made available through the Site or using any intellectual property except for the express purpose for which such intellectual property is made available to you through the Site;
- posting or transmitting any information or software containing a virus, “cancelbot”, “Trojan horse”, “worm” or other harmful or disruptive component or committing any act which may compromise the security of your Internet host in any way (including analyzing or penetrating a host’s security mechanisms); and
- using harassing or abusive language or actions, whether verbal, written or otherwise, directed at Bell employees, suppliers, agents and representatives.
You are solely responsible for ensuring that your systems are able to use the Site and IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU USE AND UPDATE COMMERCIAL ANTI-VIRUS, ANTI-SPYWARE AND FIREWALL SOFTWARE ON YOUR SYSTEMS THAT ACCESS THE SITE.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR MINORS
In cases where you have authorized a minor to use the Site, you recognize that you are fully responsible for: (a) the online conduct of such minor; (b) controlling the minor’s access to and use of the Site; and (c) the consequences of any misuse by the minor. You acknowledge that some of the areas of the Site may contain material that is inappropriate for minors.
FORUMS AND CONTENT SUBMISSIONS
Bell is not responsible for any loss, damage, or corruption that may occur to your User Content and Bell bears no responsibility for maintaining the accuracy or confidentiality of your User Content.
If you are a minor, you must have permission from your parent or guardian to upload any User Content to a Forum. Bell may request a parent’s or guardian’s email address from anyone who uploads any User Content to a Forum for the purpose of verifying with the parent or guardian that he/she has in fact given permission for such uploading. In the event that User Content is uploaded without permission, any or all uploaded User Content may be removed immediately and without notice to you.
When participating in a Forum, never assume that people are who they say they are, know what they say they know, or are affiliated with whom they say they are affiliated. Bell cannot be responsible for the content or accuracy of any information, and will not be responsible for any reliance or decisions made based on such information. When using a Forum, you may not post, transmit, link to, or otherwise distribute any information, materials or content that do not generally pertain to the designated topic or theme of the particular Forum. Use of a Forum for commercial purposes of any kind is strictly prohibited.
Bell may at any time and without notice remove any User Content and may in its sole discretion refuse to delete any User Content.
SUBMISSION OF IDEAS AND/OR SUGGESTIONS
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT: (A) THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND THAT BELL MAKES NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR CONDITIONS (AS USED IN THIS SECTION, “WARRANTIES”) OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT AND THAT ANY SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED, AND (B) BELL SPECIFICALLY MAKES NO WARRANTIES THAT THE BELL SITE, INCLUDING ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OBTAINED FROM OR THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE, WILL BE PROVIDED ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE BASIS OR THAT SUCH PRODUCT OR SERVICES OR THE RESULTS DERIVED THEREFROM WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS. NOTHING IN THE CONTENT SHALL AMEND OR SUPPLEMENT ANY CONTRACT YOU MAY HAVE WITH BELL FOR ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
The Site may provide you with access to software Content ("Software"). Bell reserves the right periodically to update or change the Software remotely or otherwise. You may use the Software only in connection with the Site and for no other purpose. The Software may be subject to an end user license agreement (“EULA”). Your use of the Software is subject to any such EULA and you agree to abide by the terms of such EULA in respect of your use of the Software. For Software not accompanied by a EULA, you are hereby granted a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable license by Bell or its licensors to use the Software (and any corrections, updates and upgrades thereto) solely in connection with your use of the Site. You may not make any copies of the Software. You agree that the Software is confidential information of Bell or its licensors and that you will not disclose or use the Software except as expressly permitted herein. You further agree that Bell, including its suppliers, shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, in any way for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of, or in connection with your use of, or reliance on, the Software, including the failure of the Software to meet your needs, standards, expectations or specifications.
CONTENT LINKED TO A BELL SITE
Please exercise discretion while browsing the Internet. Please note that certain links on the Site may take you to other websites. Bell provides these links only as a convenience and not as an endorsement by Bell. These linked sites are not necessarily under the control of Bell. If you decide to visit any linked site, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against viruses and other destructive elements. Bell is not responsible for the content of any such linked sites or any other web page which is not part of the Site and under Bell’s control. Unless otherwise expressly provided, Bell makes no representation or warranty regarding, and does not endorse, any linked site or the information, products or services appearing thereon. Accordingly, you agree that Bell will not be responsible or liable in any way for the accuracy, relevancy, copyright compliance, legality, or decency of material contained in any site linked from the Site.
INDEMNIFICATION AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTIONAL ISSUES
Some products and services referred to on the Site may not be available in all parts of Bell's territory. Contact Bell’s customer service department for information regarding the products and services which may be available to you in your area.
ARBITRATION AND ACTIONS