COMING SOON: the Bell 5G network.
5G is the next generation of wireless technology. With incredibly fast speeds and near-instant connections, 5G will enhance the lives of all Canadians with applications that we can’t even imagine today, bringing generational changes to the way we work, live and play.
But, not all 5G networks will be created equal. For example, some 5G networks may actually be slower than Bell’s industry-leading 4G LTE network, and that network is the foundation from which we are working to achieve our goal to build Canada's best 5G network.
More than ever, it will be critical for consumers and businesses to choose the best network. Because consumers and businesses that choose the wrong networks will not benefit from all that 5G has to offer.
Canada’s biggest wireless network test put us on top.1
Global Wireless Solutions conducted the biggest test of networks in Canada, ranking Bell #1. When measuring combined data, voice, reliability and network coverage, we outperformed every single national wireless carrier across the board. Compared to the next-largest national provider, Bell gives you 66% more LTE coverage and download speeds that are 42% faster across Canada.2
Canada’s best network, now offering peak Gigabit-Class LTE speeds.3
We’ve been enhancing our network technology to Gigabit-Class LTE speeds. This means that our network is designed to offer theoretical download speeds that exceed 1 Gbps (expect average speeds of 25–220 Mbps) with certain devices. We currently offer these speeds in cities like Kingston and Toronto (with more coming soon). Enjoy high-definition video streaming, virtual reality and downloading large files – all on the go on Canada’s fastest network.4
The Bell network. Faster than networks around the world.3
New York, Singapore, Budapest, Melbourne, Sydney, Stockholm, Seoul, Dubai, Shanghai, Los Angeles, Vienna, Milan, Madrid, Zurich, Beijing, Rome, Paris, Berlin, London, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Rio de Janeiro...
Theoretical Mbps speeds that LTE Advanced can reach up to on each network
Next-generation LTE Advanced network.
On the Bell network, you’ll get faster access to data, download large files faster, watch movies and enjoy next-gen VR with less buffering, and more.Check out our LTE Advanced coverage
Canada’s largest LTE network.5
We cover over 34 million Canadians. Plus, we’re working to give you access to even faster speeds as we continue to roll out the LTE Advanced network. Bell’s LTE Advanced network already covers over 94% of the Canadian population.See coverage map
and Video over LTE.
Voice and Video over LTE is the next generation of voice and video calling. Now, with Voice and Video over LTE technology, you can make and receive voice and video calls with improved voice quality, and you can switch between voice and video during calls.
Voice and Video over LTE is available in select areas of Ontario, Québec, Atlantic Canada, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon. It will expand to other regions in the near future.Learn more
Wi-Fi network across Canada.
With over 4,000 hotspots across Canada, Bell is proud to offer all mobile users free Wi-Fi. You can find a Bell hotspot from coast to coast at participating McDonald’s, Chapters Indigo and Tim Hortons.Find a location
A more reliable
Bell connects the vast majority of cell towers with fibre, the best network technology, to give customers a more reliable connection. In addition, our in-building coverage improvements deliver a strong LTE signal. Backed by the latest network infrastructure technology, Bell also gives you access to a network offering the most cell towers connected by fibre.
Bell’s dedicated team of 7,600 network employees are continuously working to optimize our network, all with the shared goal of providing Canadians with the absolute best, most advanced mobile experience.
- Based on a third party score (Global Wireless Solutions OneScore™) calculated using wireless network testing in Canada against other national wireless networks of combined data, voice, reliability and network coverage.
- Based on a third party score (Global Wireless Solutions OneScore™) calculated using wireless network testing in Canada against other wireless networks of combined data, voice, reliability and network coverage. See bell.ca/LTE for details.
- Speed and signal strength may vary due to traffic, topography, environmental conditions and other factors, including Bell’s Internet traffic management practices (e.e., priority access to emergency personnel and critical infrastructure personnel). See bell.ca/ITMP
- Rankings are based on the Tutela crowd-sourced data collection across the entirety of Canada for "Average Downlink Throughput", data collection period for the report [August-01-2018 to January-31-2019]. Data collected from ~175,000 daily unique smartphone users in Canada when the smartphone is in the coverage area of the respective network. Your experiences may vary. Tutela Reports are prepared independently by Tutela. Please visit www.tutela.com for details
- Based on total square km of coverage on the shared LTE network available from Bell vs. Rogers’ LTE network. See bell.ca/LTE for details.