Canada’s fastest 5G network is taking mobile speeds to new heights with Bell 5G+.
Bell is proud to announce the launch of 5G+, the latest in network technology. Expect gaming, streaming, video calling and more of what you do online to be faster and more responsive with this next phase of 5G advancement.
Bell 5G+ is available in select cities throughout southern Ontario and Atlantic Canada, with more updates of our rollout plan becoming available throughout the year. Bell will work towards offering 5G+ coverage to approximately 40% of the Canadian population by the end of 2022. Bell customers with 5G+ compatible devices and an Ultimate plan will be the first to have access as it becomes available in their area.1 Until then, customers can continue to enjoy 4G, LTE and 5G speeds on Canada’s best network.2
The Bell 5G network is Canada’s most awarded network. And now, we’re making it even better. That's why, more than ever, Bell is your best choice.Learn more about the benefits of 5G and 5G+
Bell and Snap bring 5G-powered AR experience to Raptors fans.
Bell and Snap Inc. are unleashing the next generation of live entertainment experiences and are introducing the first ever 5G multi-user Augmented Reality basketball game on Snapchat for Toronto Raptors fans.
Bell is the most awarded 5G network
PCMag names Bell as Canada’s fastest 5G network.3
On September 20, 2022, PCMag announced the results of its annual wireless network speed testing, awarding Bell with the fastest network for the third consecutive year.
GWS ranks Bell the best 5G network in Canada.
Global Wireless Solutions (GWS) conducts the most comprehensive drive test of wireless networks in Canada and reconfirmed that Bell’s network outperforms all other national wireless networks for the second year in a row.4
Experience incredible video streaming when you’re on Canada’s best national network.4
Canada’s fastest network.
We consistently deliver faster LTE speeds in more places than any other network and in our 5G coverage areas we are 40% faster than our competitor. This means you can stream, download, browse and share at blazing-fast speeds from coast to coast. With Bell, you can access peak theoretical download speeds of up to 1.5 Gbps on LTE in select cities* and 1.7 Gbps in select areas of Western Canada, Ontario and Québec on our 5G network (average expected speeds between 80–556 Mbps).
* Available in Kingston, Waterloo, Toronto, Mississauga, Vaughan, Richmond Hill, Markham, Brampton, North Bay, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Cambridge, Pickering, Ajax, Burlington, Guelph, London, Niagara Falls, Oakville, St. Catharines, Thorold, Thunder Bay, Welland and Ottawa.
With Bell, you’ll get 5G coverage across Canada. Although the 5G network will take some time to roll out fully, it will begin with greater speeds in select cities, with more coming soon.
Introducing Voice and Video over LTE.
Voice and Video over LTE is the next generation of voice and video calling. Now, with Voice and Video over LTE technology, you can make and receive voice and video calls with improved voice quality, and you can switch between voice and video during calls.
Voice and Video over LTE is available in select areas across Canada, with coverage in every province and territory. It’s also available while roaming in the U.S. (including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) on select devices. It will expand to other areas in the near future.Learn more
A reliable connection
Bell connects the vast majority of cell towers with fibre, the best network technology, to give customers a reliable connection. In addition, our in-building coverage improvements deliver a strong LTE signal. Backed by the latest network infrastructure technology, Bell also gives you access to a network offering the most cell towers connected by fibre.
Bell’s dedicated team of 7,600 network employees are continuously working to optimize our network, all with the shared goal of providing Canadians with the absolute best, most advanced mobile experience.
Traveling outside of Canada?
Bell is the first Canadian carrier to offer 5G roaming across the U.S. on select 5G devices. 5G roaming is now available in several international destinations, with more to come.See available coverage
The Bell network. The first choice for first responders.
For more than 30 years, Bell has supported the critical communication needs of first responders as they work to keep communities safe in times of emergency and crisis. Every second counts.
How we deliver best-in-class networks.
Discover how we build, test, monitor, maintain and advance our networks to bring the best experiences to Canadians.Learn more
Internet traffic management practices (ITMP) for Bell Mobility. Speed and signal strength may vary due to traffic, topography, environmental conditions and other factors, like Bell’s management of network resources, using methods which include Internet traffic management practices. See bell.ca/ITMP.
- 5G/5G+ access requires a compatible device and a compatible rate plan (even if a 5G/5G+ symbol appears on your device). Coverage is approximate, may vary and may not include indoor coverage; see bell.ca/5G. Speed, performance and whether a 5G/5G+ device uses the available 5G/5G+ network depend on various factors including: your rate plan, topography, environmental conditions, the current serving radio conditions at your location and whether the device is actively downloading or uploading data. Access is subject to Bell’s management of network resources, using methods which include Internet traffic management practices. See bell.ca/ITMP.
- Based on total square km of coverage on the shared LTE network available from Bell vs. Rogers’ LTE network. See bell.ca/LTE for details.
- As ranked by PCMag. A trademark of Ziff Davis, LLC. Used under license. Reprinted with permission. © 2022 Ziff Davis, LLC. All Rights Reserved. See bell.ca/5G. Based on a third party score (Global Wireless Solutions OneScore™) calculated using wireless network testing in Canada against other national wireless networks. See bell.ca/network.
- Based on a third party score (Global Wireless Solutions OneScore™) calculated using wireless network testing in Canada against other national wireless networks. See bell.ca/LTE for details.