Canada’s fastest 5G network is taking mobile speeds to new heights. Introducing 5G+.
Bell is proud to announce the launch of 5G+, the latest in network technology. Expect gaming, streaming, video calling and more of what you do online to be faster and more responsive with this next phase of 5G advancement.
Bell 5G+ is available in select cities across Canada, starting with Toronto and expanding through southern Ontario cities including Mississauga, Guelph, Kitchener, Waterloo, London and Barrie, with more updates of our rollout plan becoming available throughout the summer. Bell will work towards offering 5G+ coverage to approximately 40% of the Canadian population by the end of 2022. Bell customers with 5G+ compatible devices and an Ultimate plan will be the first to have access as it becomes available in their area. Until then, customers can continue to enjoy 4G, LTE and 5G speeds on Canada’s best network.1
The Bell 5G network is Canada’s most awarded network. And now, we’re making it even better. That's why, more than ever, Bell is your best choice.Learn more about the benefits of 5G and 5G+
Create together on the go. With Bell 5G & TikTok.
As a Bell 5G customer, you get exclusive access to TikTok Paint Portal while on the go. This is TikTok’s first multi-user AR effect, and it’s launching only with Bell. Invite your friends and create with Bell 5G exclusive brushes.2
Bell is the most awarded 5G network
PCMag names Bell as Canada’s fastest network.
On October 26, 2021, PCMag announced the results of its annual wireless network speed testing, awarding Bell with the fastest network for the second consecutive year.
GWS ranks Bell the best 5G network in Canada.
Global Wireless Solutions (GWS) conducts the most comprehensive drive test of wireless networks in Canada and reconfirmed that Bell’s network outperforms all other national wireless networks this year.3
R&S awards Bell as having Canada’s best 5G network performance.
In its 2021 Network Benchmarking campaign, Rohde & Schwarz recognizes Bell with Canada's best 5G network performance score and has ranked Bell as the fastest 5G network in Canada.4
Opensignal awards Bell as having the fastest mobile download speed in Canada.
On August 11, 2022, Bell received the Download Speed Experience award from Opensignal5 in their Canada Mobile Network Experience report.
Experience incredible video streaming when you’re on Canada’s best national network.6
Canada’s fastest network.
We consistently deliver faster LTE speeds in more places than any other network and in our 5G coverage areas we are 40% faster than our competitor. This means you can stream, download, browse and share at blazing-fast speeds from coast to coast. With Bell, you can access peak theoretical download speeds of up to 1.5 Gbps on LTE in select cities* and 1.7 Gbps in select areas of Western Canada, Ontario and Québec on our 5G network (average expected speeds between 76–469 Mbps).
* Available in Kingston, Waterloo, Toronto, Mississauga, Vaughan, Richmond Hill, Markham, Brampton, North Bay, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Cambridge, Pickering, Ajax, Burlington, Guelph, London, Niagara Falls, Oakville, St. Catharines, Thorold, Thunder Bay, Welland and Ottawa.
With Bell, you’ll get 5G coverage across Canada. Although the 5G network will take some time to roll out fully, it will begin with greater speeds in select cities, with more coming soon.
Introducing Voice and Video over LTE.
Voice and Video over LTE is the next generation of voice and video calling. Now, with Voice and Video over LTE technology, you can make and receive voice and video calls with improved voice quality, and you can switch between voice and video during calls.
Voice and Video over LTE is available in select areas across Canada, with coverage in every province and territory. It’s also available while roaming in the U.S. (including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) on select devices. It will expand to other areas in the near future.Learn more
A reliable connection
Bell connects the vast majority of cell towers with fibre, the best network technology, to give customers a reliable connection. In addition, our in-building coverage improvements deliver a strong LTE signal. Backed by the latest network infrastructure technology, Bell also gives you access to a network offering the most cell towers connected by fibre.
Bell’s dedicated team of 7,600 network employees are continuously working to optimize our network, all with the shared goal of providing Canadians with the absolute best, most advanced mobile experience.
Traveling outside of Canada?
Bell is the first Canadian carrier to offer 5G roaming across the U.S. on select 5G devices. 5G roaming is now available in several international destinations, with more to come.See available coverage
The Bell network. The first choice for first responders.
For more than 30 years, Bell has supported the critical communication needs of first responders as they work to keep communities safe in times of emergency and crisis. Every second counts.
View additional details
Internet traffic management practices (ITMP) for Bell Mobility. Speed and signal strength may vary due to traffic, topography, environmental conditions and other factors, like Bell’s management of network resources, using methods which include Internet traffic management practices. See bell.ca/ITMP.
- Based on total square km of coverage on the shared LTE network available from Bell vs. Rogers’ LTE network. See bell.ca/LTE for details.
- Available on 5G-capable devices from Bell connected to the Bell 5G mobile network. The TikTok app is required. Data charges apply. Also available when connected to a Wi-Fi network. Available with iOS 10 or later or with Android 8.0 or later.
- Based on a third party score (Global Wireless Solutions OneScore™) calculated using wireless network testing in Canada against other wireless networks of combined data, voice, reliability and network coverage. See bell.ca/LTE for details.
- Based on a third party combined score (Global Wireless Solutions OneScore™) speed test results in 5G network areas from Bell and as ranked by PCMag. Reprinted with permission. © 2020 Ziff Davis, LLC. All Rights Reserved. 5G is available with compatible devices. Available in select areas of Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Montréal, the Greater Toronto Area, and more. Coverage is approximate; actual coverage may vary and may not include indoor coverage; see bell.ca/5G. The 5G network symbol appearing on a 5G device while in use means that 5G is available on the Bell network in the surrounding local area of the device. Speed, performance and whether a 5G device uses the available 5G depend on various factors including topography, environmental conditions, the current serving radio conditions at your location, and whether the device is actively downloading or uploading data and subject to Bell’s Internet traffic management practices (e.g., priority access to emergency personnel and critical infrastructure personnel). See bell.ca/ITMP. Outside 5G areas, 5G devices will continue to have access to our fastest 4G speeds available. Fastest based on a third party combined score (Global Wireless Solutions OneScore™) speed test results in 5G network areas from Bell.
Award based on analysis by Ookla® of Speedtest Intelligence® data for Q1-Q2 and Q3-Q4 2021. Ookla trademarks used under license and reprinted with permission.Based on Network Performance Score, calculated by Rohde & Schwarz from data collected in Canada comparing other national wireless networks in 2021. Report available for download at: https://www.rohde-schwarz.com/mnt/benchmarking-projects
- Fastest mobile download speed in Canada claim, awarded by Opensignal Awards – Canada: Mobile Network Experience Report, August 2022, based on independent analysis of mobile measurements recorded during the period April 1 - June 29, 2022 © 2022 Opensignal Limited. Link to full report: https://www.opensignal.com/reports/2022/08/canada/mobile-network-experience
- Based on a third party score (Global Wireless Solutions OneScore™) calculated using wireless network testing in Canada against other national wireless networks of combined data, voice, reliability and network coverage.