Building 5G right.
Canada’s fastest 5G network is here.
With incredibly fast speed and near-instant connections, 5G will enhance the lives of all Canadians, bringing generational changes to the way we work, live and play. The Bell 5G network is in major markets across the country and it has already been recognized by GWS and PCMag as Canada’s fastest 5G network.3
5G will take some time to roll out across the entire country. That is why it is so important that, with Bell, when 5G-capable devices are not in a 5G area, they operate on our industry-leading 4G LTE network.
Bell is Canada’s best network because we build our networks the right way. That’s why, more than ever, Bell is your best choice.
The best keeps raising the bar: Bell is the fastest-ranked 5G network.
PCMag names Bell as Canada’s fastest network, including Canada’s fastest 5G network.
On November 9, 2020, PCMag announced the results of its annual wireless network speed testing. Our combined 5G and LTE network took top prize and our 5G network was recognized as Canada’s fastest.
GWS ranks Bell the best and fastest national network in Canada
Global Wireless Solutions (GWS) conducts the most comprehensive drive test of wireless networks in Canada. Their latest testing re-confirmed that Bell outperforms all other wireless carriers on combined data, voice, reliability and network coverage. It also confirmed we are building 5G right, with the fastest rank for 5G speeds. In fact, our 5G network is 40% faster than the 5G network of our competitor.4
Ookla ranked Bell the fastest 5G network in Canada.5
Ookla analyzed user-initiated tests from all the major mobile carriers in Canada to determine who showed the fastest 5G mobile network speeds and Bell was ranked the fastest.
Experience incredible video streaming when you’re on Canada’s best national network.1
Enjoy a fast-streaming and high-quality viewing experience on Canada's best national network.1 Using advanced network technology allows for multiple streams of data at high speeds, so you won't need to worry about delays, buffering or lag while watching videos and shows or streaming your favourite content, wherever you are.
Canada’s fastest network.
We consistently deliver faster LTE speeds in more places than any other network and in our 5G coverage areas we are 40% faster than our competitor. This means you can stream, download, browse and share at blazing-fast speeds from coast to coast. With Bell, you can access peak theoretical download speeds of up to 1.5 Gbps on LTE in select cities* and 1.7 Gbps in select areas of Western Canada, Ontario and Québec on our 5G network (average expected speeds between 69–385 Mbps in the Greater Toronto Area).
* Available in Kingston, Waterloo, Toronto, Mississauga, Vaughan, Richmond Hill, Markham, Brampton, North Bay, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Cambridge, Pickering, Ajax, Burlington, Guelph, London, Niagara Falls, Oakville, St. Catharines, Thorold, Thunder Bay, Welland and Ottawa.
Canada’s largest LTE network.
Our super-fast LTE network covers 99% of the Canadian population.6 It will be the backbone for our 5G network as it expands across Canada to a similar footprint over the next few years.See coverage map
With Bell, you’ll get 5G coverage across Canada. Although the 5G network will take some time to roll out fully, it will begin with greater speeds in select cities, with more coming soon.
and Video over LTE.
Voice and Video over LTE is the next generation of voice and video calling. Now, with Voice and Video over LTE technology, you can make and receive voice and video calls with improved voice quality, and you can switch between voice and video during calls.
Voice and Video over LTE is available in select areas across Canada, with coverage in every province and territory. It’s also available while roaming in the U.S. (including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) on select devices. It will expand to other areas in the near future.Learn more
Wi-Fi network across Canada.
With over 4,000 hotspots across Canada, Bell is proud to offer all mobile users free Wi-Fi. You can find a Bell hotspot from coast to coast at participating McDonald’s, Chapters Indigo and Tim Hortons.Find a location
Bell connects the vast majority of cell towers with fibre, the best network technology, to give customers a reliable connection. In addition, our in-building coverage improvements deliver a strong LTE signal. Backed by the latest network infrastructure technology, Bell also gives you access to a network offering the most cell towers connected by fibre.
Bell’s dedicated team of 7,600 network employees are continuously working to optimize our network, all with the shared goal of providing Canadians with the absolute best, most advanced mobile experience.
Speed and signal strength may vary due to traffic, topography, environmental conditions and other factors, including Bell’s Internet traffic management practices (e.g., priority access to emergency personnel and critical infrastructure personnel). See bell.ca/ITMP.
- Based on a third party score (Global Wireless Solutions OneScore™) calculated using wireless network testing in Canada against other national wireless networks of combined data, voice, reliability and network coverage.
- Rankings are based on the Tutela crowd-sourced data collection across the entirety of Canada for "Average Downlink Throughput", data collection period for the report September 1, 2019 to February 29, 2020. Data collected from ~175,000 daily unique smartphone users in Canada when the smartphone is in the coverage area of the respective network. Your experiences may vary. Tutela Reports are prepared independently by Tutela. Please visit www.tutela.com for details.
- Based on a third party combined score (Global Wireless Solutions OneScore™) speed test results in 5G network areas from Bell and as ranked by PCMag. Reprinted with permission. © 2020 Ziff Davis, LLC. All Rights Reserved. 5G is available with compatible devices. Available in select areas of Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Montréal, the Greater Toronto Area, and more. Coverage is approximate; actual coverage may vary and may not include indoor coverage; see bell.ca/5G. The 5G network symbol appearing on a 5G device while in use means that 5G is available on the Bell network in the surrounding local area of the device. Speed, performance and whether a 5G device uses the available 5G depend on various factors including topography, environmental conditions, the current serving radio conditions at your location, and whether the device is actively downloading or uploading data and subject to Bell’s Internet traffic management practices (e.g., priority access to emergency personnel and critical infrastructure personnel). See bell.ca/ITMP. Outside 5G areas, 5G devices will continue to have access to our fastest 4G speeds available. Fastest based on a third party combined score (Global Wireless Solutions OneScore™) speed test results in 5G network areas from Bell.
- 5G network speeds compared to Rogers 5G network.
- Based on analysis by Ookla® of Speedtest Intelligence® data median 5G download speeds in Canada for Q4 2020. Ookla trademarks used under license and reprinted with permission.
- Based on total square km of coverage on the shared LTE network available from Bell vs. Rogers’ LTE network. See bell.ca/LTE for details.