The best just raised the bar.
The Bell 5G network is here.3
5G is the next generation of wireless technology. With incredibly fast speeds and near-instant connections, 5G will enhance the lives of all Canadians with applications that we can’t even imagine today, bringing generational changes to the way we work, live and play.
But, not all 5G networks will be created equal. For example, some 5G networks may actually be slower than Bell’s industry-leading 4G LTE network, and that network is the foundation from which we are working to achieve our goal to build Canada's best 5G network.
More than ever, it will be critical for consumers and businesses to choose the best network. Because consumers and businesses that choose the wrong networks will not benefit from all that 5G has to offer.
And of course 5G will take some time to roll out across Canada, beginning with greater speeds in select cities. So it is equally important that for the first 5G-capable devices and applications launched in Canada that they fall back to operate on a superb 4G network, when not in a 5G network area. That’s why Bell is your best choice.
Canada’s biggest wireless network test put us on top.
Global Wireless Solutions conducted the biggest test of networks in Canada, ranking Bell #1. When measuring combined data, voice, reliability and network coverage, we outperformed every single national wireless carrier across the board. Compared to the next-largest national provider, Bell gives you 66% more LTE coverage and download speeds that are 42% faster across Canada.1
Experience Canada’s best national network for video.
Enjoy a fast-streaming and high-quality viewing experience on Canada's best national network for video.1 Using advanced network technology allows for multiple streams of data at high speeds, so you won't need to worry about delays, buffering or lag while watching videos and shows or streaming your favourite content, wherever you are.
One of the fastest networks in the world.
Stream, download, browse and share at blazing-fast speeds from coast to coast. With Bell, you can access peak theoretical download speeds of up to 1.5 Gbps in select cities* (expected average speeds coming soon). We consistently deliver faster speeds in more places than any other network.4
* Available in Kingston, Waterloo, Toronto, Mississauga, Vaughan, Richmond Hill, Markham, Brampton, North Bay, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Cambridge, Pickering, Ajax, Burlington, Guelph, London, Niagara Falls, Oakville, St. Catharines, Thorold, Thunder Bay, Welland and Ottawa.
Canada’s largest LTE network.
We cover over 34 million Canadians. Plus, we’re working to give you access to even faster speeds as we continue to roll out the LTE Advanced network. Bell’s LTE Advanced network already covers over 94% of the Canadian population.5See coverage map
With Bell, you’ll get 5G coverage across Canada. Although the 5G network will take some time to roll out fully, it will begin with greater speeds in select cities, with more coming soon.
and Video over LTE.
Voice and Video over LTE is the next generation of voice and video calling. Now, with Voice and Video over LTE technology, you can make and receive voice and video calls with improved voice quality, and you can switch between voice and video during calls.
Voice and Video over LTE is available in select areas across Canada, with coverage in every province and territory. It’s also available while roaming in the U.S. (including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) on select devices. It will expand to other areas in the near future.Learn more
Wi-Fi network across Canada.
With over 4,000 hotspots across Canada, Bell is proud to offer all mobile users free Wi-Fi. You can find a Bell hotspot from coast to coast at participating McDonald’s, Chapters Indigo and Tim Hortons.Find a location
Bell connects the vast majority of cell towers with fibre, the best network technology, to give customers a reliable connection. In addition, our in-building coverage improvements deliver a strong LTE signal. Backed by the latest network infrastructure technology, Bell also gives you access to a network offering the most cell towers connected by fibre.
Bell’s dedicated team of 7,600 network employees are continuously working to optimize our network, all with the shared goal of providing Canadians with the absolute best, most advanced mobile experience.
Speed and signal strength may vary due to traffic, topography, environmental conditions and other factors, including Bell’s Internet traffic management practices (e.g., priority access to emergency personnel and critical infrastructure personnel). See bell.ca/ITMP.
- Based on a third party score (Global Wireless Solutions OneScore™) calculated using wireless network testing in Canada against other national wireless networks of combined data, voice, reliability and network coverage.
- Rankings are based on the Tutela crowd-sourced data collection across the entirety of Canada for "Average Downlink Throughput", data collection period for the report September 1, 2019 to February 29, 2020. Data collected from ~175,000 daily unique smartphone users in Canada when the smartphone is in the coverage area of the respective network. Your experiences may vary. Tutela Reports are prepared independently by Tutela. Please visit www.tutela.com for details.
- 5G is available with compatible devices. Starting in select areas of Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Montréal and the Greater Toronto Area. Coverage is approximate; actual coverage may vary and may not include indoor coverage; see bell.ca/5G. The 5G network symbol appearing on a 5G device while in use means that 5G is available on the Bell network in the surrounding local area of the device. Speed, performance and whether a 5G device uses the available 5G depend on various factors including topography, environmental conditions, the current serving radio conditions at your location, and whether the device is actively downloading or uploading data and subject to Bell’s Internet traffic management practices (e.g., priority access to emergency personnel and critical infrastructure personnel). See bell.ca/ITMP. Outside 5G areas, 5G devices will continue to have access to our fastest 4G speeds available.
- Rankings are based on the Tutela crowd-sourced data collection across the entirety of Canada for "Average Downlink Throughput", data collection period for the report [September 1, 2019 to February 29, 2020]. Data collected from ~175,000 daily unique smartphone users in Canada when the smartphone is in the coverage area of the respective network. Your experiences may vary. Tutela Reports are prepared independently by Tutela. Please visit www.tutela.com for details.
- Based on total square km of coverage on the shared LTE network available from Bell vs. Rogers’ LTE network. See bell.ca/LTE for details.