Please note: if you have recently purchased a smartwatch in-store, you must complete the NumberShare™ setup. For step-by-step instructions, refer to Question 10 below.
- What is NumberShare™?
NumberShare allows a connected device and a smartphone to share the same phone number. NumberShare is currently available with iPhone and Apple Watch (Series 3 and higher). When a device is paired with a smartphone, it will be able to share the voice, text and data from the smartphone’s rate plan.
- What is required to set up NumberShare on my Apple Watch smartwatch?
- An Apple Watch Series 3 or higher.
- A Bell Mobility postpaid account (consumer or small business) with a compatible plan and data.
- An iPhone 6 or higher. The phone must be operating on iOS 12 or higher.
- A MyBell profile associated with the primary iPhone number. Register for MyBell if you haven’t already done so.
- How much does NumberShare cost?
There is no additional cost for the NumberShare add-on. The NumberShare add-on is included in the $10/month Smartwatch plan.
- Can I use NumberShare on my Apple Watch smartwatch with a non-Bell iPhone?
No, both devices must be activated on the Bell network for NumberShare to work.
- How many devices can I use NumberShare with?
You can share your Bell smartphone number with up to five Apple Watch smartwatches.
- Can I share my number with other smartphones or my landline?
No, NumberShare only allows you to share your phone number with a secondary mobile device that is paired with a compatible smartphone.
- Can I use the NumberShare feature across Canada?
NumberShare works in any VoLTE-covered region in Canada. We have VoLTE coverage in British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, Québec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, P.E.I., Newfoundland and Labrador, Yukon and Northwest Territories (excludes Saskatchewan and Nunavut). Learn more about VoLTE.
- Can I use NumberShare outside of Canada?
No, you currently cannot roam with your Apple Watch smartwatch. You can continue to use your smartwatch with Bluetooth while travelling to make and receive calls, and to send and receive text messages. For more information on travelling with your smartphone and roaming, visit bell.ca/roaming.
- Do my devices need to be close to each other for NumberShare to work?
No, they do not. You can use NumberShare on your Apple Watch smartwatch even if your iPhone is in a different location or turned off.
- How do I set up NumberShare?
You’ll be prompted to set up NumberShare when you first pair your Apple Watch smartwatch with your iPhone. If you decide not to set it up right away, you can always return to it later. View a step-by-step guide (PDF) on how to activate cellular service and NumberShare on your Apple Watch smartwatch.
Note: you must be in Canada to complete the initial setup process.
- Where does my data usage for my Apple Watch smartwatch show up on my bill?
As part of the activation process, you’ll receive a 10-digit device identification number for your Apple Watch smartwatch. Associated data usage will appear on your bill under this number.
- I’ve changed the phone number on my iPhone that’s paired with my Apple Watch smartwatch and NumberShare has stopped working. What do I do?
Your Smartwatch plan must be reactivated. To do so, please follow these steps:
In most cases, pairing your Apple Watch smartwatch to your phone will take less than a minute.
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Select Cellular from the My Watch tab.
- Tap on the “i” icon to the right of the Bell item.
- Select Manage to open the Bell web page.
- Select Reconnect cellular service on my watch.
- Tap the Reconnect button.
- How do I stop sharing my number with my Apple Watch smartwatch?
To stop sharing your phone number with your Apple Watch smartwatch, you’ll need to deactivate your monthly Smartwatch plan with NumberShare. Please call 1 800 667-0123, or dial *611 from any Bell mobile device, to have one of our agents assist you.
Please note that if you cancel your monthly Smartwatch plan, you’ll no longer be able to take advantage of the cellular features of your Apple Watch smartwatch: you’ll only be able to use your watch over Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- I purchased an Apple Watch smartwatch from the Apple Store. How do I activate it with NumberShare?
To pair your Apple Watch smartwatch, follow the setup instructions on your phone. You can also download step-by-step instructions (PDF).