1. What is required to set up the Smartwatch plan with NumberShare™ on my Samsung Galaxy Watch?
- A Samsung Galaxy Watch with cellular connectivity (updated to the latest software).
- A Bell Mobility postpaid account (consumer or small business) with a compatible plan and data.
- A Samsung Galaxy smartphone (S7/7+ or higher, Note8 or higher, A8/A5/J3 or higher). The phone must be operating on the latest software.
- A MyBell profile associated with the primary Samsung phone number. Register for MyBell if you haven’t already done so.
2. Can I use the Samsung Galaxy Watch across Canada?
The Samsung Galaxy Watch works in any VoLTE-covered region in Canada. We have VoLTE coverage in British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, Québec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, P.E.I., Newfoundland and Labrador, Yukon and Northwest Territories (excludes Saskatchewan and Nunavut). Learn more about VoLTE.
3. Can I use cellular services on my Samsung Galaxy Watch outside of Canada?
No, currently you cannot roam with your Samsung Galaxy Watch. You can continue to use your smartwatch with Bluetooth enabled while travelling to make and receive calls, and send and receive text messages. Your smartphone will also continue to function as normal. Learn more about travelling with your smartphone.
4. Do my Samsung phone and Samsung Galaxy Watch need to be near each other for calls, text messages and email?
No, they do not. If you have activated a Smartwatch plan with NumberShare with your Samsung Galaxy Watch, you can use it independently, even if your Samsung phone is in a different location. Your Samsung phone must be turned on in order for your Samsung Galaxy Watch to send and receive text messages and email. You can however make calls from your Samsung Galaxy Watch when your Samsung phone is turned off.
5. How do I set up my watch for cellular connectivity?
You’ll be prompted to set up NumberShare when you first pair your Samsung Galaxy Watch with your Samsung phone. If you don’t set it up right away, you can always do it later through the Galaxy Wearable app on your Samsung phone. View a step-by-step guide on how to set up your Samsung Galaxy Watch for cellular connectivity.
6. Do my Samsung phone and Samsung Galaxy Watch have to be on an updated operating system for my smartwatch to work?
Yes, both your Samsung phone and Samsung Galaxy Watch need to be updated to the latest software.
- To update your Samsung phone software: on your phone, go to Settings > Software update > Download updates manually.
- To update your Samsung Galaxy Watch software: on your phone, open the Galaxy Wearable app and then select Settings > About watch > Update watch software.
7. Can I still use my Samsung Galaxy Watch if my Samsung phone is off or out of battery?
You can make and receive voice calls if your Samsung phone is turned off or out of battery. However, your Samsung phone must be turned on to send and receive text messages and email.