Compare upfront cost options for the iPhone XS
Here’s how the Pay Less Upfront Program works.
Frequently asked questions
Can I return my smartphone before my 2-year term is up?
After 12 months, you can return your smartphone and either leave the program or upgrade early to a new phone. You will need to pay back the Pay Less Upfront program amount you saved at the time of purchase, as well as your outstanding device balance.
Are all smartphones eligible for the Pay Less Upfront program?
Many of the latest smartphones are eligible for this program. Eligible smartphones are displayed on this page.
Do I have to pay tax on the smartphone upfront?
Yes, applicable taxes are charged upfront based on the value of the smartphone after the initial discount and before the Pay Less Upfront program amount is applied.
What does it mean when you say the phone must be “in good working condition”?
The phone must be able to turn on and meet the following criteria:
- The phone must navigate properly to its home screen.
- The keyboard and/or touchscreen must be responsive and function properly.
- The display and body of the phone must be free of any visible chips, cracks, missing parts, dead pixels or dark spots.
- The battery and battery cover must be included.
- For an Apple iPhone, the “Find My iPhone Activation Lock” function must be turned off and no longer linked to your Apple ID (iCloud account).
- For an Android smartphone, “Activation Lock Protection” (also known as “Device Protection”) must be turned off.
View additional details