Find out how much your device is worth
The value displayed does not reflect special offers shown above. The trade-in amount will depend on the condition of your device, including whether:
- the device powers on
- the keypad and/or touchscreen are functional
- the screen and/or body are cracked
- there are signs of liquid damage
- the battery and battery cover are included
Prepare your phone for trade‑in
- Back up any personal data that you want to keep, such as contacts, emails, documents, pictures, videos and music. The phone cannot be returned to you after trade-in.
- If applicable, remove any memory cards.
- Ensure the battery is charged so that we can evaluate the phone’s trade-in value.
- Turn off the “Find my iPhone” feature, or remove your Google account for Android phones. Learn how.
- For business/corporate phones: identify and disable the Mobile Device Management (MDM) lock on your phone. Learn how.
- Reset your phone to the original factory settings. Learn how.
Disabling Find my iPhone/iPad in iOS7
- Ensure your device is turned on, with an active Wi-Fi or cellular connection.
- Touch Settings.
- Scroll to and touch iCloud.
- Touch the Find My iPhone (or Find my iPad) slider to turn it off.
- Enter your Apple ID password and then touch Turn Off.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- You must be the legal owner of the phone that you wish to trade in.
How will I be compensated for the value of my phone?
You will receive a trade-in certificate equal to the value of your phone.
Can I transfer my trade-in certificate to someone else?
The trade-in certificate you receive is non-transferable and has zero cash value.
Can I use my trade-in certificate at any time?
The trade-in certificate must be redeemed in store at the time of trade in. Unused values are relinquished once you leave the store.
Once I have traded in my old phone, is it possible to get it back?
All trades are final. The phone cannot be returned to you at any time after it has been traded in.
What if my phone is valued at $0?
Some phones will be deemed as having no value depending on their age and/or condition. If your phone has no value, you can choose to recycle it through the Bell Blue Box program.
Can I trade in more than one phone at a time?
We can only accept one phone per trade-in.
Can I trade in my phone at any time?
Whether you’re an existing client or new to Bell Mobility, you can trade in a phone at any time.
Do I have to sign up for a new contract when I trade in my old phone?
A new contract term is not required.
How long does the estimate last?
The value of a phone diminishes over time, so estimates change frequently. To get the most value out of your phone, visit a participating Bell store today.
Do I need to include the phone charger or accessories?
No. Only the phone, battery and battery cover are required.
Trade in your device in store or online
In store: bring your old phone, tablet or watch to a participating Bell store, where we'll assess it and give you its trade-in value towards your next device or accessories.
Online: access our online trade-in portal to get an estimated value of your old phone when you complete a new activation on bell.ca or upgrade in MyBell†. Send us your phone and a payment (in the form of a bill credit) for the trade-in value will be applied to your Bell Mobility account.
† For new activations and upgrades completed in the last 30 days.