Read along with your favourite TV programs, movies and special events.
Closed captioning provides a visual text display of the audio portion of a program as it occurs, whereas subtitles are limited to only transcribing dialogue and some on-screen text.
Broadcasters provide closed captioning in almost all their programming, and Bell Fibe TV passes 100% of the closed captions to you. Very few programs originating from Canadian broadcasters or specialty networks do not have closed captioning.
Closed captioning may be useful in various lifestyles and situations, including:
- By persons who are deaf or hard of hearing to enjoy TV programming
- As a tool for people learning English as a second language
- In an environment where audio is difficult to hear or intentionally muted
How to turn on closed captioning on Fibe TV:
How to turn on closed captioning on your Bell TV app
- On your Fibe TV remote, press MENU
- Scroll to and select Settings
- Scroll to and select Accessibility
- Scroll to and select Closed Captioning
- Select and make changes to the various options.
- Select Done.