Compare upfront cost options for the Samsung Galaxy Note9
Here’s how the Pay Less Upfront Program works.
Frequently asked questions
Can I return my smartphone before my 2-year term is up?
Bell will not be able to accept returns within the first 12 months. After 12 months, you can return your smartphone and either leave the program or upgrade early to a new phone. You will need to pay back the deferred amount and your outstanding device balance if you upgrade or leave the program before the end of the 2-year term.
Are all smartphones eligible for the Pay Less Upfront program?
The purpose of this program is to reduce the upfront price of higher-end smartphones. For this reason, not all smartphones are eligible for the Pay Less Upfront program.
Do I have to pay tax on the smartphone upfront?
Yes, applicable taxes are charged upfront based on the value of the smartphone after the initial discount, and included in the Pay Less Upfront deferred amount.
What does it mean when you say the phone must be “in good working condition”?
The phone must be able to turn on and meet the following criteria:
- The phone must navigate properly to its home screen.
- The keyboard and/or touchscreen must be responsive and function properly.
- The display and body of the phone must be free of any visible chips, cracks, missing parts, dead pixels or dark spots.
- The battery and battery cover must be included.
- For an Apple iPhone, the “Find My iPhone Activation Lock” function must be turned off and no longer linked to your Apple ID (iCloud account).
- For an Android smartphone, “Activation Lock Protection” (also known as “Device Protection”) must be turned off.